Monday, October 18, 2010

Paper clay Inspiration & WIP Stone Clay

Some new items I am working on....
Holiday Sparkle
Snowman Ornaments
Holiday Sparkle
Happy Christmas in Pastels
Polka Dot Pixie
Trio of Halloween Owls
Snippet Girl


It is hard to believe that these creations started out like mine here. I can only hope my little snowmen come out as nice as my inspiration that I have found. Yes I used Styrofoam for the core of these! I am hoping to get done in time to enter the best of my creations in the contest from DYI Dish. All the information is in the previous post if you are up to a fall challenge. The craft store was out of paper clay the day I was looking for it and I ended up using Premier a light weight stone clay by La Doll luckily I had a coupon because I think it is $4. more per package comparing the two. But I must say I loved using it! The ease of putting it on, the smoothness and it allows time to manipulate prior to drying, just air dries. Yes, I may have found a new muse! I can't wait for them to dry so I can doll them up! & I am wanting to get more to make some ornaments! I promise to show you as I go along. Sorry this pic isn't the greatest it is from my cell phone as I need to charge my camera and put in a new memory stick.
Have you worked with paper clay or stone clay? Have you made ornaments of any type? What are some of your favorite materials?

Snowmen work in progress with Styrofoam and stone clay

2 comments:

  1. How serendipitous! I just found a partially used package of paper clay in my studio and had no idea what to do with the rest of it. Now I do. These are so darling! I can't wait to see how yours turns out:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The examples are so adorable! I can't wait to see what your finished product looks like!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment~
Have a creative day, Theresa

Cath Kidston