Sunday, September 12, 2010

Tomato Recipes

Yes, its harvest time at my house. I am getting some lovely tomato s and peppers so I thought I would share a few recipes I came across and next week I have my homemade spaghetti sauce recipe you won't want to miss that one! It is a big hit in my family and a simple meatballs to go with it~ I hope you find time to enjoy cooking as fall rolls in. It is the perfect time of year to get testing out some new recipes! Starting with Pico de Gallo a perfect item to serve with chips or a garnish to top your favorite football dish of chili~ And who wouldn't love a perfect tomato and basil mayonnaise sandwich? Or a Tomato Mozzarella, and Basil Salad~
All simple and sure to please you from your tomato harvest (or Whole Foods) ~

If you have a favorite tomato recipe I would love to know! For fall I think I want to start a recipe round-up and share once a week! Where we share our favorite recipes and link to your posts~
You can start with a recipe that includes tomato s but it isn't necessary. See Mr. Linky below I would love to add to my recipe box and hope you do too! I think it will be fun. I will leave the link up to add your recipe any time during the week to start and then may shorten post add time as people find out about it. I will make a sidebar icon too if a few of you show an interest in doing this with me. Do let me know~

Pico de Gallo

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups seeded, diced tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup diced red onion
  • 1 tablespoon diced jalapenos
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 2 limes, juiced
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus extra for garnish
  • Salt and pepper

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Garnish with additional cilantro.

Emeril Lagasse


Tomato Sandwhich with Basil Mayonnaise

Ingredients

  • 1 cup good mayonnaise
  • 10 to 15 basil leaves, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon good olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 2 slices country loaf bread
  • 1 heirloom or Israeli tomato, sliced

Directions

Whisk together the mayonnaise, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic. Spread the mayonnaise mixture on the top of 2 slices of bread. Place the sliced tomato on top of one

bread slice. Place the remaining slice of bread, mayonnaise side down, on top of the tomato. Cut the sandwich in half and serve.

Ina Garten

Tomato Mozzarella and Basil Salad

Ingredients

  • 6 small tomatoes (4 medium)
  • 1 pound fresh mozzarella
  • 10 to 15 basil leaves
  • 3 tablespoons good olive oil
  • Kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella and arrange casually with the basil leaves on a large platter. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve at room temperature.

Ina Garten

If you have a favorite tomato recipe I would love to know! For fall I think I want to start a recipe round-up share once a week! Where we share our favorite recipe and link to your posts~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment~
Have a creative day, Theresa

Cath Kidston