Sunday, June 12, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken With Broccoli Recipe


I wanted to share this recipe I found from Weight Watchers Magazine, that is a few years back. It is below. But I am also going to share a link to a recipe I found on Hub pages that looks great, but not so quick or easy. It is a Sweet Ginger Broccoli Stir-Fry with Tofu or Chicken that serves 2. (The recipe is a little more involved and calls for ingredients you may have to stock your kitchen with from a special store or larger store) You will see the differences in the recipes. I love that they use orange zest and Thai Chili sauce in the Hub pages recipe. I can see using elements of that recipe to change this one up, but I gravitate to the simple for every day style cooking. So I hope all you creative cooks who are looking at quick and easy family meals have one less night to fret over cooking with these great recipes!

I made a few alterations but it was quick and easy prep time 15min. Cook time 10 min. and better yet, pleased all the family members. Weight Watchers call the recipe Teriyaki Chicken and Broccolini  in my version I didn't use the ginger, and broccolini? I used broccoli heads trimmed. I also pre-cooked the broccoli just to crisp but able to fork in. See notes at end of the recipe.

This recipe serves 4.

1lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4 inch strips
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 tsp. canola oil
1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
4 thin slices peeled fresh ginger, cut into slivers
3 garlic cloves, minced
1lb. broccolini, trimmed
1/2 cup water 1/3 teriyaki sauce

1.Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat in a large nonstick skillet over high. Pour 1tsp of the oil and swirl to coat the skillet; then add the chicken. Stir-fry until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate; cover to keep warm.

2. Heat the remaining 2 tsp. oil in the skillet. Add the bell pepper and stir-fry until crisp, about 1 minute. Add the ginger and garlic stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute. *(this is the part I changed) Stir in Broccolini and water. Cover reduce the heat, and cook until the Broccolini is crisp-tender and the water has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add the teriyaki sauce and chicken; cook, stirring constantly, until headed through, about 1 minute.

So I basically followed the directions except I * pre cooked the broccoli and eliminated the water/ broccoli step at the end. After stir-frying garlic & (ginger if you like) add broccoli heads, teriyaki sauce and chicken. Stir, constantly until headed through. * make rice if you like to serve with it if you like.

Well, I hope you enjoy the recipe and have a wonderful week ahead!
What is your favorite quick and easy style recipe? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment~
Have a creative day, Theresa

Cath Kidston