Thursday, June 16, 2011

Little Things To Sew



I just found out 90% sure my daughter Krissy is having a boy! That means I can find  little sewing projects to suit a boy. Now of course I have come across a few sewing projects that are for down the line like this little vest by Oliver + S. The cool thing about finding this pattern is they have a book full of projects suited for babies & kids. Which means I can sew some projects for baby's older sister too!


These projects are all wrapped up in one book;  Oliver + S Little Things to Sew: 20 Classic Accessories and Toys for Children is filled with items you will want to make again and again. Projects include a hat with bear ears, a winter scarf with a slip-through closure, an explorer vest, a tutu, an art smock, a penguin backpack, a messenger bag, a red riding hood cape, a travel quilt, and many others.


My favorite project pick for sister is this puppet theater door hanger. It would be a perfect way for her to entertain herself while mom is busy with the baby and give mom a show at the same time. I am swooning over this book right now and to get my hands on some blue fabrics & this book! I am also planning on making a special blanket or quilt, promise to share more on that later.

Do you have a favorite sewing project book or pattern? What is your favorite item that you have sewn for a little one or gifted to a little one? I'd love to know~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment~
Have a creative day, Theresa

Cath Kidston