Sunday, June 26, 2011

Homemade Baby Gifts, Patterns & Tutorials


Today I was going to post a recipe and I promise I will soon. I have two or three new ones I have tried but, I put them somewhere when organizing in the kitchen and oops can't find them. So I decided to share what is on my must sew list and what I have been sewing. I happen to be on a big sewing kick right now!
Kimono Baby Shoes, a Stuffed toy, Onesies and  Burpee Towels more to come....



I found this cute tutorial for baby kimono shoes! All you have to do to get it is visit Homespun Threads and follow her blog then download tutorial with pattern. How sweet is that? I am in love and more in love with the fact that there is going to be a new baby in the family! I can't wait until he gets big enough to wear a pair of these handmade by me.


Source: etsy.com via Theresa on Pinterest

I came across this cute fox stuffed toy and thought it would be the sweetest pattern to own and make for the little ones nursery! If you are looking for cute stuffed animal patterns check out Gingermelons Etsy Shop. You are sure to find a pdf pattern to please.


If she was having a girl I might pick this sweet deer pattern.

Source: etsy.com via Jenni on Pinterest

Now my daughter Jenni pinned this little onesie on Pinterest, wanting mom to make something like it and put it away for when it's her turn to have a little bundle of joy. This Etsy shop is a girly boutique with such pretty things to purchase if you aren't the crafty type. Perfect for baby showers or your special little girl. Now onto what I have been sewing for baby...



I have just made a bunch of these burpee rags! I can't wait to take pics and share in the next few posts. I found the cutest fabric at Walmart of all places when I was picking up the tri fold diapers. (Which is great as who wants to use expensive fabrics when they will be for spits and clean ups.) I have to find the clear bucket to put them in, but Kate has tips, a tutorial and also you can print out her bucket sign!  Visit Kate to see where I got my inspiration!  Don't forget to come back another day and see what mine look like.




I created a zipper bag similar to the ones above but bigger! I am hoping I took enough photos of the zipper bag I made as I was going along to share a tutorial. This zipper bag that I made was big enough for a few diapers, wipes, ointment, and a few of mom's things when on a quick run. That way if you want to create your own you'll see how. I promise to share soon! Until next time, I hope you are being sew creative too or at least finding some gift ideas for the baby showers your invited to.

Are you working on any sewing projects right now? What is your favorite baby shower gift to give?



2 comments:

  1. all of them look so cute! i wonder if my sister would love to get a personalized baby gift for her little tike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure she would Chloe! Thanks for stopping in.
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment~
Have a creative day, Theresa

Cath Kidston