Sunday, January 16, 2011

Quick and Easy Recipes "Chicken Teriyaki"


Well my family declared enough with the same menus! So I have been trying to try quick and easy recipes to keep them pleased. No easy feat. I made a easy sloppy joes recipe. I thought it was good, Sammie thought it was ok and Papa bear well he said I like the flavor of the ones from the store! What??? Really, no one ever made you homemade sloppy joes? and you really prefer the ones from the store? Well I guess I won't be making that recipe again but this one from Martha Stewart Everyday was a winner from even  for our most particular, picky eaters.

So I thought I would share it with you it is super easy but I think that you need to watch the level of where you place your baking sheet. Now bare with me, in my oven 4" was too close from the top and when I checked they had gotten so hot it caught on fire. So first I grabbed the pan out and then lowered the rack! Whew! Fired averted!! But yes, I did set off the smoke detectors. Ok, I can laugh now but at the time not so funny at the time. Now on to the recipe;
Serving Size 1 - *( so for our house we picked up a package of 12 wings and had no left overs. Served 3)
wings were separated at the joint
Coarse salt 
Fresh Pepper
2 Tbsp. reduced -sodium soy sauce  (* ours was regular soy sauce)
2 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. rice vinegar *(ours was seasoned rice vinegar and it worked out fine)

In addition I cooked rice for 4 people and broccoli to complete the dish.  


1. Heat the broiler with 4 " from the heat * See note above!! 
Arrange wings on an aluminum - foil - lined rimmed baking sheet. Season with the salt and pepper. Broil turning once, until lightly browned and tender, about 20 minutes.


2. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey and vinegar. Reserve 2 Tbsp. for dipping.


3. Remove wings from the broiler; brush with remaining sauce. Return to broiler turning and brushing sauce twice., until browned and glazed. 2-4minutes. Brush with pan juices before serving.


During the 20 min. cooking period I made my rice and broccoli and plated them on the side to complete the meal. This was a very quick, easy and great meal that everyone enjoyed! 
Thanks to Martha Stewart s Everyday Cooking App. with my I pod. 


I hope you get a chance to try this. I would love to know how you like it. I will continue to post my quick and easy recipes for you to enjoy. What is your favorite quick and easy recipe? I would love to know~

PS. Now I played along with Inspiration Avenue this week and if you would like to see what inspires me and find out more about Inspiration Avenue please visit me over here. The images I posted mostly are from others, some from me but eye candy and so I hope you can pop on over.
Until next time, thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment~
Have a creative day, Theresa

Cath Kidston