Thursday, May 26, 2011

Black Bean Burgers

It's been a while since I shared a new recipe I have tried out on the family so I thought I would share this Black Bean Burger recipe. It has a Latin flair and is so yummy!




This great Black Bean Burger from Gourmet every day ten-minute mains. *recipes by Gina Marie Mirglia Eriquez. Whew, hope I got that right. ( If anyone knows of a link on the web let me know) Now my 9yr old is pretty picky when it comes to eating! Which always makes it challenging. She loved this with the exception that she thought it was a bit spicy to her palette. But she didn't want the bun either, so maybe that intensified her taste of the burger. I loved them! I could even see using this recipe for a dip with tortilla chips or wrapped up in a corn tortilla! These are the best Black Bean Burger's with a Latin flair I have ever tasted. So without further adieu here is my recipe share with you!

 

Recipe:

2 (14oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained, divided
3 Tbsp mayonaise
1/3 cup plain dried bread crumbs
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
3Tbsp vegetable oil
4 soft hamburger buns

Accompanied with sour cream, salsa and  lettuce
The only adjustments I made to the recipe was to add thinly sliced cheese or shredded to your liking and sliced avocados.

Prep time approx 10-15min./ with a 10 min. cook time / Serves 4. 

Directions:

Pulse 1 can beans in a food processor with mayonnaise, bread crumbs, cumin, oregano and cayenne until a coarse puree forms. Transfer to a bowl and stir in cilantro and remaining can of beans *drained. Form mixture into 4 patties.

Heat oil in a 12 inch heavy skillet * I used a non stick and it worked fine over a medium-high heat until it shimmers. Cook burgers until the outsides are crisp and lightly browned, turning once, about 5 minutes total.

Serve on buns with accompaniments. Add a side salad if you wish & your favorite beverage and you are set!
This is a quick, easy, healthy and Vegetarian meal! Bonn Appetite~




If you are looking for a great dip with black beans I just found this and might have to try it over Memorial Weekend. Five Layer Mexican Dip over at the Food Network & then I hope to be back soon with a tutorial of how to make photo prop mustaches! Fun for any group photo opportunity or wedding!

If you have a great Black Bean or other recipe and would like to share it let me know! 
What is your favorite veggie burger?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment~
Have a creative day, Theresa

Cath Kidston