Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valentines Heart "Felt Gift Card Holder"

I thought I would share with you one of the first of a few Valentine's Hearts gift card holders I am making. I used felt material for these but any material could work. I have left the top open to add a gift card in. These are super simple to make. You could even sew these by hand if you wish. No pattern is necessary.
Just cut your hearts to the size you would like. First cut out one of the heart, then a second one was cut out slightly bigger with pinking sheers I sewed the two together using an embroidery heart stitch. It also would be cute in a zig zag stitch. I decided to put a bow and a button on this one. I have a couple more to share in the next few days. Hope you enjoyed a little gift card inspiration for your Valentine's Day~
If you would like a template with instructions, I can make one for you. Just leave me a comment and I will create it and let you know when its done.  * make sure you leave a way to connect via email or your name is linked to your email
Do you like creating little gifts or cards for Valentine's Day?

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love Valentine's Day! I really want to make some homemade cards this year but time is slipping away. Hopefully this weekend!
    Take care,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly, I agree time is slipping but I am trying to sneak in some Valentine's Day projects and hopefully a card or two!
    Thanks for stopping in & I hope you get to make your cards!! ~Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cute! I love that stitch your machine does.Great colors too.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! your posted valentine day card is designed so much gorgeously i really like it...
    Custom gift cards
    clear cards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and comment~
Have a creative day, Theresa

Cath Kidston